Webinar Session by Michael Plöd:
- 1: Overview and Core Values
- 2: Strategic Design
(a very good introduction into context maps, also listen to some of the questions at the end!)
- 3: Internal Building Blocks
- 4: Domain Events & Event Storming
- 5: Implementing DDD
Books and readings
- The Original Book: Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software by Eric Evans ("the blue book"))
The book is still valid today - even after 15 years. But it has shown that some important concepts are to far back in the book.
So there is an alternative reading order by Greg Young: read chapter 1-3, then skip to 11 to the end, then return to 3 and read to the end (yes, read chapters 11+ twice).
I've made some notes for the "what we have learned from the book" video in a blog post.
- Implementing Domain-Driven Design by Vaughn Vernon.
An article that demonstrates context mapping, by Alberto Brandolini (Nov. 2009)
Let's not overdo this
- jmolecules - A set of libraries to help developers work with architectural concepts in Java.